Knit Head Hugger
Designed by: Tamara of Switzerland
|Click thumbnails for larger photos|
|BTW, it takes a lot of bobbins|
of thread... and is not a
pattern for the squeamish.
- DK yarn
- needle size 6 (US) for main, 3 (US) for rib - for men
- Cast on 101 stitches. Smaller needles, rib for 2 cms or 9 cms (if you
want a cuff or not)
- Change to larger needles & follow grid in stocking stitch, using
lengths of different colours & holding wool behind work when changing
- When grid finished, decrease...
- 1st : (knit 6, K2tog) to end
- 2nd + 4th : purl
- 3rd : knit
- 5th : (knit 5, K2tog) to end
- Continue down till less than 10 stitches remain, draw length through & fasten off
- Sew in ends + join sides.
See the Pattern PDF
for the pattern grid.
Flame hat grid small view - See the PDF for a larger copy
Thanks to Tamara of Switzerland for being the hat designer and hat maker and donor.